[OSM-dev] (new) icons and structure

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Wed Jul 4 06:19:44 BST 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 00:54, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) schrieb:
Yes, I see the map-icons are now under the plugins dir (even on windows
> :-).
>
> However, I don't see how that helps in any of our problems ;-)
>
> With the current mappaint implementation, there has to be a "standard"
> dir in the jar file, which contains the xml and the icons dir. Is it a
> big difference to copy stuff from ../map-icons or from
> ../../../../share/map-icons in the build process ?!?

If you manage to copy them while building the package ... even better. Than
you can simply remove the propset again and you're set. But I thought I heard
that it might be difficult to do so. This was the reason I started with this
solution.
You might see it as an interim solution until someone changes the build
process of the plugins.
In the long term it might be possible to have mappaint first look
into /usr/share/map-icons/... if it find icons there and only if not, look in
the local (or whatever) directory.

> Or is it just to have a better handling with the icons, while developing
> with mappaint styles?

Yes

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)