[OSM-dev] Update of TIGER ruby import code

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 6 23:19:18 BST 2007

Hi,

Al Wold wrote:
> Are you guys using JOSM to play with the data after it has been
> converted?  It seems like JOSM has a pretty rough time, even with small
> counties.  I'd be generally interested in the procedure you guys use to
> do QA on the data, since I'm pretty new to this.

I'm not doing any TIGER work myself but if you have osm files that are
too large to work on them in JOSM, you could try using one of the
excerpt tools, probably osm-excerpt-area.pl (in SVN under applications /
utils somewhere), to cut a piece out of it to examine more closely in JOSM.

It is well-known that JOSM needs some optimising in terms of memory
usage, and this is being worked on; I don't know however if it'll
complete before you've finished your TIGER work ;-)

Bye
Frederik