[OSM-dev] AND Data to OSM Data mapping

Abigail Brady morwen at evilmagic.org
Wed Jul 11 13:32:59 BST 2007

On 7/11/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:

> The rest is difficult. First of all, how to distinguish between large,
> medium and small city? What's the benefit of doing so?

To decide which places get displayed on lowzoom maps, and with which font
size.

The only solution I see is to add a habitants (or alike) tag that states
> the number of habitants (e.g. place=city, habitants=120000), so the
> classification can be derived from it.

population= got through the proposed features and is now on map_features.  I
would suggest
using this, with a source:population=estimate from AND

--
Abi