[OSM-dev] control characters in planet.osm

Thu Jul 12 12:46:56 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Q1: Both ways were created by Potlatch alpha. While having a control
> character in a tag value is not technically invalid, I do not think
> that these were inserted on purpose. Maybe there is something about
> the Potlatch UI that makes people erroneously insert these ^Ses?

Hm. I don't actually know how you'd do that! But evidently you can.

Should I just add something to the Potlatch API that strips out any
0-31 characters? (Presumably a Ruby regex should be able to do that
fairly easily...)

cheers
Richard