[OSM-dev] using current planet with osm2pqsql

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:52:19 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 17:26 +0200, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)
wrote:
> If someone wants to use the current planet file 070711 with mapnik, you can
> use something like this to sanitize it.
>
> 7z e -so planet.osm.7z  | sed 's/\o023/ CTRL-S /g' > planet-a.osm

Did this actually cause osm2pgsql an issue or does it just fix the
rendering of a few tags containing this character? As far as I can
remember I imported that file by just doing my normal import routine
without any noticeable errors:

$ 7za x -so ~/planet/planet-070711.osm.7z | osm2pgsql -

I don't remember making any recent changes to osm2pgsl which would fix
or otherwise change the behaviour of handling \o023 characters.

If you see an issue running this on your machine then I can only think
that maybe there is a bug in your libxml2 library. Tile.osm is using
libxml2-2.6.24.dfsg-1ubuntu1. What do you have installed?

	Jon