[OSM-dev] Simplifying data for routing

Christof Dallermassl cdaller.hw at gmx.at
Sun Jul 29 19:44:28 BST 2007

Hi Flo,

looks great. What I wanted to do lately: provide a web api where you can
ask "please route from node 123425 to node 98345 (or from latlon start
to latlon end) and return the ids of nodes, segments, ways to use and a
description which is human readable". It seems that you are faster than
I am :-)

How large are the graphs you tried? Munich only. Germany or the whole
planet? Is it possible to put the complete planet file into the db and
provide the service I described above?

code is always welcome (best in svn).

regards
christof