[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk-nl] conversion AND data

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 30 17:53:19 BST 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Marc Kessels wrote:

> the reason behind this huge memory consumption is that it needs to know
> all nodes and segments, in order to prevent nodes with the same
> coordinates, or multiple segments between the same two nodes.

On the main list I already mentioned why this not the way to go. You don't
need to know *all* nodes in memory. You need to set a bounding box (based
on next and previous segments), this reduces the the requirement memory
and is able to 'stream' the through the AND file, with (indexed-)lookups
in the output OSM file.

Stefan