[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Potlatch wayss with negative ID's - what to do when server down

Dan Moore writetodan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 16:56:51 BST 2007

hi,

when i was looking at the applet code, it came to me we could maybe store stuff up onto an online storage service if the server was not available... maybe something like http://www.xdrive.com/ but i can't remember the one i tried out.

the applet used to unpick / rewind all your changes if it couldn't get through, i seem to remember - a bit harsh, but it's a difficult situation.  it would try a couple of retries first though.

cheers, dan.