[OSM-dev] Spring clean dev please

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Thu Jun 7 15:36:59 BST 2007

Claudomiro Nascimento Jr. wrote:
> 2007/6/6, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de
> <mailto:Sebastian at sspaeth.de>>:
>

>     /home on the dev server is 100% full. It seems to be a 42GB partition.
>     Could people please either clean out their own space a little, and could
>     admins check whether all accounts are still being used here and force
>     some removals if necessary?
>

> Is this the reason yesterday's planet dump wasnt generated?
Yes, most probably.

> Maybe the oldest dumps could be removed to free some space...
We have about 40% free disk space again since the spring cleanup can
went to the list. There is no need to delete older planet dumps.

I would like a +1 to *never* delete the weekly planet dumps (well never
is a big word, but still...) These dumps prove very useful especially in
creating those nice 'how did an area evolve over time' images we see now
and then on the frontpage as for statistics of all sorts.