[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Map features discussion & voting

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:48:07 BST 2007

On 12 Jun 2007, at 00:42, Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:

> Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> 2) A poll feature/survey in the wiki or other website. Similarly a
>> mail
>> is sent to the mailing lists and people click on one of two links in
>> order to vote (and enter the OSM username).
>
> Personally I'd like it integrated in the main rails site itself, and
> connected to a system that rejects tags and values that don't match.
> People would still be able to put tags in for testing, or for their
> own
> purposes, but only with a prefix e.g. test: for a general free-for-all
> testing / place to put things while you don't know what their called,
> and people would be able to register their own prefixes for whatever
> reason, and make they either free-for-alls or restricted.

This goes against the whole idea of OSM and entering whatever tags
you like. What you need is a way to flag these as possible errors
like a spell check in a word processor. I would even be happy to go
as far as to add an auto-correct functionality. This however probably
would need to be done at the editor end.

Shaun