[OSM-dev] How to tag addresses

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Thu Jun 14 01:01:53 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 00:56 +0100, Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> Why not tag OSM segments with the addresses that they contain. If you
> don't have the full address data in Tiger for individual segments, you
> could just guess by interpolating where the addresses are likely to
> be.

As I understand it, two ways are supposed to share segments instead of
creating separate segments.  My guess would be that we'll come across a
number of few places where two different ways want to have two different
addresses for the same segment.  This can happen when two streets run
together for a bit of time, then split back apart.

-- Dave