[OSM-dev] How to tag addresses

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:40:10 BST 2007

On 14 Jun 2007, at 01:18, Dave Hansen wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 17:14 -0700, Brandon Martin-Anderson wrote:
>>
>> I didn't realize you could tag segments. Sometimes segment address
>> ranges would have to be interpolated but this is doable.
>
> It's technically feasible, but discouraged.  Anybody want to fill
> us in
> on the history behind this one?

 From what I can tell segments don't get tagged any more, instead you
have multiple ways on the same segments. Tagged segments show up in
the maplint layer.

Having a duplicate way here would be just a waste of time, so I think
we should break the mould and allow the tagging of segments just for
address ranges.

(I've not been here long enough to know the history of the issue,
though I imagine that it will be in the mailing list and/or the wiki.)

Shaun