[OSM-dev] Session Timeout

Thu Jun 14 13:14:55 BST 2007

Shaun McDonald wrote:

> I'd like to know what the session timeout of www.openstreetmap.org is
> set to, because I'm fed up with it timing out in about 15 minutes of
> use. I think something like 5 hours is far more appropriate.

Yeah, there's something weird going on there. Both TomH and I have
briefly looked into it and can't quite figure what's happening.
There's a timeout column in the users table, but it's set to "1 day
from now", which certainly doesn't seem to be the case in practice.
Please grok the source and tell us what we're missing.

(Personally one week's timeout or never-at-all would suit me better, I
hate sites where you have to log in again every day.)

cheers
Richard