[OSM-dev] openstreet map and wms

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 18 18:49:08 BST 2007

Hi,

> We have no plans to reinstate WMS. We talk google tiles now.

A very simplistic answer maybe. I would have said: "I am not aware of
plans to reinstate WMS but that's not because it is a bad thing, but
because it is a difficult thing. Of course if we could offer a free WMS
service, that would catapult us ahead of the competition and that would
be great. So if anyone has ideas and/or the technical foundation
required for that, please do not hesitate to implement!"

No?

Bye
Frederik