[OSM-dev] TIGER import.rb

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jun 20 08:28:49 BST 2007

In message <1182319369.14088.37.camel at localhost>
        Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> It turns out that JOSM will take nodes that have the exact same
> coordinates and negative ids, and combine them into a single node.  I've
> managed to get the data produced to have two distinct nodes at the same
> location for the example you provided, with the power line crossing the
> road.  However, I've had to assign positive ids to the OSM objects.
> Is there any way to get JOSM to stop this behavior?  I guess we could
> detect when we have two nodes in the same place and just add some small,
> random, floating point value to the coordinates.
>
> ids <= 0 are interpreted by the server to tell it to fill in the id when
> it is inserted into the database, right?

No. The server ignores ID values on a create - creation is indicated
by doing a put to api/0.4/node/create rather than api/0.4/node/<id> which
would indicate an update.

The negative ID is I believe used internally by JOSM as an indication
that the node doesn't have an ID yet and needs to be created when the
upload is done.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)