[OSM-dev] Database Schema (was Re: [OSM-talk] Oh dear - planet has duplicate id's)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Jun 23 13:00:24 BST 2007

In message <37d514850706230454r585c7235o47c1d5470eda868 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> On 6/23/07, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
> > Please let me know what you think folks...
>
> They seem like sensible changes. Please could you also add a couple of
> fields to the diary_entries table while you're making changes?
> Specifically:
>
> - latitude (double)
> - longitude (double)
> - language (varchar(2))

I actually had some changes to the user stuff in mind for a later
update but I can do them now. The plan for this update was to cleanup
what we had before I started adding enhancements ;-)

I was going to get rid of within_lat and within_lon from users and
add a simple distance column to match up with the changes I made this
week to make nearby users based on distance.

Presumably you also want a language column on the user table for the
default language for diary entries?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)