[OSM-dev] Database Schema (was Re: [OSM-talk] Oh dear - planet has duplicate id's)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Jun 23 15:18:02 BST 2007

In message <DFE77279-4DDA-45E2-8146-466A0E6F32EF at asklater.com>
          SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> On 23 Jun 2007, at 12:02, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> >   gpx_files
> >
> >     - What is the visible field for here? There are a few records
> >       with it set to zero but the code ignores it - if it isn't
> >       used then let's remove it.
>
> isnt that whats used to delete them?

Sort of - the current site doesn't support deletion of course because
it needs reimplementing.

I've just looked at the old site and it seems that when you asked to
delete a trace visible was set to false and then the GPX daemon would
delete the record properly in the background.

So presumably the 86 files currently in the DB with visible=0 should
really be deleted... Quite why the GPX daemon didn't do it I don't know.

Going forward I don't really see why deletes need to be done in the
background (it isn't a slow task like the import) so there doesn't
seem to be any reason to keep the field.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/