[OSM-dev] Database Schema (was Re: [OSM-talk] Oh dear - planet has duplicate id's)

Ray Booysen raybooysen at rjb.za.net
Sat Jun 23 16:21:57 BST 2007

On 6/23/07, Grant Slater <grant at firefishy.com> wrote:

> Ray Booysen wrote:
> > Sorry if I'm jumping in late, but I'm finding it a bit strange that on
> > the most important tables, we're missing primary keys.  Seems almost
> > the first thing you do when designing tables is chosing you primary
> > key and setting the index.
> >
> Ray, "me to"... and "look how silly you guys are" do not help ;)
>
> Mistakes happen, projects grow. Please supply all your old/ancient code
> so that I am review it and call you stupid. :-)
>
> Grant ;-)

Hahah, I know.  I'm just playing devil's advocate.  My code from a few years
ago, no one would even know what was going on I think.
I would love to contribute  to the schema of the database but I'm not
positive on how MySQL's locking procedures work.  I'm more familiar with SQL
Server.

Ray

--
Ray Booysen