[OSM-dev] JOSM gcj

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 25 14:38:28 BST 2007

Hi Sander,

> I was thinking of packaging JOSM for Fedora, and for that it has to
> build with gcj (a free java implementation). After some quick hacks it
> does work, but it needs a little bit of love.

There's a guy on the talk-de mailing list who says he won't use software
that requires evil non-free Sun Java so rather than just telling him to
go away (which was my first instinct) I'd like to do a version that
works with gcj.

Can you provide me with the patches required to get going with gcj?

And maybe a dumb question but I haven't used anything but Sun Java - are
the two incompatible in a way that requires gcj-compiled .jars for
execution with gcj and Sun Java-compiled .jars for execution with Sun
Java, or will we be able to create .jars that run on both?

Bye
Frederik