[OSM-dev] Mapnik: Problems setting up Postgresql

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Tue Mar 6 22:55:03 GMT 2007

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the responses - have managed to get round the problem now.

Still something a bit odd trying to recompile Mapnik with postgresql
installed. The scons.py script isn't picking up the libpq.so library (I have
this in /usr/lib; I installed the postgresql-dev package). Any reason for
this? This is similar to an error I got before I upgraded to etch regarding
the boost libraries... they *were* there but the scons script wasn't picking
them up.

Checking for main() in C library m... yes
Checking for main() in C library ltdl... yes
Checking for main() in C library png... yes
Checking for main() in C library tiff... yes
Checking for main() in C library z... yes
Checking for main() in C library jpeg... yes
Checking for main() in C library proj... yes
Checking for main() in C library pq... no
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_thread... yes
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_filesystem... yes
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_regex... yes
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_program_options... no
Checking for main() in C++ library boost_program_options-gcc-mt... no

Thanks,
Nick