[OSM-dev] Funny Numbers

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Wed Mar 7 16:27:23 GMT 2007

> So we have 8423007 nodes in the database, but 8759380 nodes are
> referenced by segments. That's (at least) 340k nodes used but not
> present - is that possible? Or a likely bug in my script?

Regex are horrible to debug. There is at least one though... lat and lon
are floating point and may contain the letter "e". This effects 4 out of
the first 5,000,000 nodes so probably not a *major* source of error.

I wrote a quick perl script, to print lines matching "<node" but not
your regex. Just waiting for the full planet to unzip.

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com