[OSM-dev] (no subject)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:26:33 GMT 2007

On 3/8/07, Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:
> I guess it's more of a problem with how I've specified the connection in
> the Mapnik XML file. Maybe it should be "127.0.0.1" not "localhost"?

Note with postgres there is a difference between leaving the host
blank and specifying a hostname. In the former case it'll use the
default, either from the environment or builtin. The builtin method is
via Unix Domain Sockets which are usually a much easier authentication
method.

(Note: I havn't used the program in question, if it doesn't support a
blank hostname, it's a bug).

Have a nice day,