[OSM-dev] Reducing osm2pgsql memory usage using a databasemethod

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 18:35:57 GMT 2007

What fs are you using on OS X?

HFS+ ?

Phillip

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
WWW.ITN.CO.UK

-----Original Message-----

From: dev-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:dev-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Artem Pavlenko
Sent: 10 March 2007 14:56
To: Jon Burgess
Cc: Artem Pavlenko; dev
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Reducing osm2pgsql memory usage using a
databasemethod

PS. I'm running mapnik , postgresql , osm2psql on mac os x now and I
get substantial performance improvements mainly from faster disk i/o.
I wonder if we should look into finding optimal filesystem for
postgresql. I'm using ext3 on linux.
Please Note:

or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at itn.co.uk