[OSM-dev] Reducing osm2pgsql memory usage using a database method

Artem Pavlenko artem at mapnik.org
Mon Mar 12 11:41:20 GMT 2007

Frederik,
> As for osm2pgsql, I don't even know what it does,

Your ideas and suggestion will be much appreciated here if they'll be
aimed at improving OSM software stack and not just making points
about Perl vs ...
Understanding "what it does" might be a good starting point IMHO.
You made it clear that you have no interest in osm2pgsql , what kind
of reaction do you expect ? ;-)

Cheers,
Artem