[OSM-dev] Mappaint patch for segment order number

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:12:21 GMT 2007

On 3/14/07, Kristian Thy <thy at 42.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, Francisco R. Santos wrote:
> > I think this patch will be useful for most of us editing with JOSM.
>
> Nice job!

Thanks

One wish: Is it possible to shift labels when the same segment
> is used by multiple ways, so both (all?) label can be seen?

Hmm, not so into JOSM code yet, but I think it is not simple. Ways are drawn
one at a time, and segments have no idea in which areas they are in, so
multiple searches while rendering each way are needed to find out those
ways, making rendering too slow.

You should add this request to JOSM itself, since segment order number is a
JOSM feature, not a mappaint feature. I just updated mappaint to do the same
way JOSM does (well, with a little enhancement for the unordered segments).

\\kristian