[OSM-dev] Extracting polygons from planet.osm - take 2

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 16 09:51:18 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Is that what you had in mind, or were you thinking about accessing
> other
> websites to obtain polygons?

I thought that there may be web sites where you can simply give them
a country code and get usable border polygons back. But maybe the
self-made version is better as it will allow you to extract other
things than countries as well. We can always build a converter that
imports polygons from other sources into our own repository, and
borders don't change that often.

> Anyone else for or against?  How do I get an SVN account?

It's on the wiki ;-)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Accounts

Until you have your own account, feel free to e-mail me with files
and desired directory structure and I'll put stuff into SVN for you.

Bye
Frederik