[OSM-dev] Extracting polygons from planet.osm - take 2

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 16 10:37:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

>> Wouldn't it be better to only output segments with both nodes
>> defined?
>> i.e. && instead of ||
>
> I have to admit this part is a copy and paste from Frederiks
> original so
> I'll have to leave to him to comment :-)

Well my idea was to make sure that anything inside the given polygon
is exported; so part of a segment lies within, it gets exported, and
if one single segment of a way lies within, then the way will also be
exported. But looking at it now, you are right... while it makes
sense to export a way of which you do not have all segments, it does
not make a lot of sense to export a segment of which you only have
one node. (Unless that segment were tagged and would lend some
meaning to the single node, but we don't want tagged segments.)

So yes, I'd say it is sensible to accept Robert's suggestion.

Bye
Frederik