[OSM-dev] JOSM WMS Plugin degrades input image quality

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Mon Mar 19 23:22:42 GMT 2007

El Lunes, 19 de Marzo de 2007 23:12, Dirk-Lüder Kreie escribió:
> SteveC schrieb:
> > Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
> >> The applet in firefox already does the cropping AFAICT.
> >
> > No, it just draws off the edge of the viewport.
>
> I was not talking about the OSM applet, but the applet used by the
> firefox spawned by the YWMS JOSM plugin.

It's not an applet - it's a complex javascript object that crops itself to
cover the desired area, at a size lower or equal to the size of the JOSM
editing area.

Problem is, AFAIK the WMS JOSM plugin doesn't have any hooks to load tiles of
arbitrary size - it only loads tiles the size of the editing area.

Give the WMSplugin ability to load tiles of arbitrary size, and I'm sure the
Yahoo plugin can be tweaked in order to not degrade image quality.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

http://acm.asoc.fi.upm.es/~mr/
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.18-4-amd64 kernel, KDE3.5.3, and PHP
5.2.0-10 generating this signature.
Uptime: 00:17:59 up 6 days,  5:26,  2 users,  load average: 0.96, 0.48, 0.32