[OSM-dev] Fwd: [OSM-legal-talk] Putting example satellite images in our Wiki

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 21 10:56:24 GMT 2007

(Posted this to legal-talk yesterday but no comments there, maybe dev
is more willing to give opinion)

Hi,

     I want to create one or more pages in the wiki with examples of
how to map complex junctions (you know, the several-dual-carriageways-
meet-at-roundabout-with-overpass-and-tramway-in-between stuff). Not
that I'm an authority on that but I would expect some healthy
discussion and an emerging "best practice" manual from it.

To have some real-world examples I would really like to use satellite
imagery. Do you reckon this would be "fair use" and I could just use
any images from Yahoo or Google as I see fit?

If it isn't "fair use", what other options do I have - are there free
high-resolution satellite images, or is it possible to include a
little Google API window on a Wiki page?

Bye
Frederik