[OSM-dev] API very slow this morning

Thu Mar 22 11:54:25 GMT 2007

SteveC wrote:

> I'll bet money it's the bad /traces/ SQL code. Sit on db and mytop -s 1
> and you'll see all the tables locked due to that code. This is fixed in
> rails and also why we should move to something that doesn't lock tables
> i.e. postgres.

I'm up for a UK hacking day at some point, so that the rest of us can
give a bit of extra manpower to help Steve with stuff like the Rails
port, search API, integrating Potlatch, etc. etc. Anyone else?

(Can't make Essen, unfortunately. I know all of this could
theoretically be done remotely but I'd rather do any serious hacking
with others in the room... lest I break something.)

cheers
Richard