[OSM-dev] API very slow this morning

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 12:37:28 GMT 2007

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>Sent: 22 March 2007 12:05 PM
>To: dev at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] API very slow this morning
>
>SteveC wrote:
>
>> Sounds cool. Dan moore has been hacking on rails recently and I think
>> is near manchester... to get a full day, it would probably have to be
>> somewhere where we could meet the evening before and all be in the same
>> place?
>
>and with wifi. Any chance of any friends of OSM (Multimap, Manchester
>University... UCL maybe?) offering a room for a day? Anywhere we could
>pay for + book, even?

Richard,

If nothing else is obviously forthcoming, I can seat 8 happily in my dining
room (4 more on overflow in the kitchen if required) and have wired and
wireless networking and a file server that can be used if required. Cable
broadband is 4MB download but only 384k Up.

I'm a short distance from Wylde Green train station which links into
Birmingham New Street.

Cheers,

Andy