[OSM-dev] Offering help with OSM

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Mar 22 12:48:24 GMT 2007

Hi Nathan

Welcome!

Ben is no longer involved and has moved on.

There is existing ruby code for importing TIGER via the API but it had a
number of severe bugs such as not re-using nodes and creating many ways.

Assuming you're familiar with the data model and have used JOSM to map a
bit of your area, taking over or re-writing this code would be super
useful and you could import areas on a per-county or smaller basis with
peoples help. You could turn TIGER in to .osm and allow people to upload
and check these through JOSM perhaps.

You should get on the dev@ list and talk to people there also.

--
have fun,