[OSM-dev] JOSM long lines between GPS points

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Mar 22 22:59:27 GMT 2007

In JOSM (snapshot-203) under Edit->Preferences,
in the "look and feel" tab, there is a setting for
"Draw lines between GPS points" that I find useful.
I think this is "draw.rawgps.lines".

However, if the GPS trace residing on the server is a long U-shape
and I only download a subset in the middle, a line will be drawn
to shortcut the "U" at the bottom of my download area.  This is
particularly ugly if it results in a very long GPS line.

I'm not sure if there is a "right" solution to this.  But I guess
avoiding to draw very long GPS lines would be a starter.  Perhaps
a limit of 200 metres is reasonable?  If timestamps are imported,
perhaps 10 or 15 seconds is a reasonable limit?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)