[OSM-dev] PostGIS dump

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 09:33:06 GMT 2007

>I'm rolling my own and I'd be happy to share it. In:
>http://mapserver.flightgear.org/OSM/
>there are four files:

Just to confirm my earlier post: I am now running this for the UK weekly
as a cron job (cron on the dev server *seems* to have sorted itself out).
It's available at

http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/downloads/planet/

There is a .osm file for the UK (bounding box: 7W, 49N, 2E, 59N) named
uk-XXXXXX.osm.bz2, and also a PostGIS SQL file named
uk-XXXXXX.postgis.sql.bz2.
Note, however, that the PostGIS SQL is optimised for Freemap, so the tags
that I have chosen to store are slightly different to the default ones.
All the main ones though like "highway" are there.

Nick