[OSM-dev] JOSM patch to request T at H renders

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:25:36 GMT 2007

On 3/23/07, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> Of course the rendering itself will then drag lots of data out of the
> database (is this where your worry is?). But if a lag time is put on the
> queue, say an entry has to have been there say 15 minutes (or even an hour
> if you must) before it gets rendered, and the queue is checked for the
> presence of a tile before being added (and if there put to the back of the
> queue again) then repeated updates won't cause repeated re-rendering. Any
> longer than some fairly short time though and you probably do *want* a
> re-render to happen.

Yes, that's my worry. Currently there is practically zero delay
between requesting a tile and it getting farmed out to a client. which
means every single request gets done, there's no filtering or delaying
going on. That should be changed too, but I don't think the first
revision of such a plugin should assume it.

Have a nice day,