[OSM-dev] Wiki needs work (was: Translation of the Main Page?)

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Mar 26 01:24:14 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Also, many people, myself included, tend to operate the Wiki in
> write-once mode - I do something, I put a page on the Wiki so
> that it doesn't get lost, and then I move on and forget about
> it.

This is not unique for you or for this wiki, but a valid
observation for the entire world wide web.  The solution is to
accept this behaviour as a fact, and start to treat websites as
serials (Zeitschriften), rather than monographs: Today I write
about this, tomorrow about something else.  The blog is the
answer.  On my wiki user page, [[user:LA2]], I keep a diary that I
archive every quarter.  Only when I know somebody will need to
create a link to some text (e.g. [[WikiProject Sweden]]), I create
a new wiki page (= a name you can link to).

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)