[OSM-dev] osmarender suggestions

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue Mar 27 10:47:02 BST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 10:32:28AM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> 3b) Also I find that the arrows should be repeated in regular distances.
> Right now they are only at the very beginning and the very end of roads,
> which is not obvious for long roads. Osmarender wiki page has an example
> of a lift symbol being repeated along a way, so apparently it is capable
> of doing this. Should I look into repeating oneway arrows along a road?

The lift symbol thing only works because the node in the lift line are
more or less equally spaced and far apart. But if you have a one way
street which goes around a tight corner, you'd print a arrow symbol for
every node in that path and they would overlap. So thats no solution.

I agree that oneway arrows should be repeated, but I haven't found a
good solution yet. The current way of having the symbols only at
beginning and end is suboptimal, but at least it doesn't interfere with
street name (which are in the middle) too much.

Jochen