[OSM-dev] Daily Planet.osm

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue May 1 12:38:15 BST 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 01:19:00PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 4/30/07, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> > Mostly for map rendering, which is one of our main "shopping windows"
> > to the outside world. Every mapnik layer renders off a planet dump. A
> > daily dump is therefore useful for the following six things:
> >
> > * less than 24h old maps on Thursday
> > * less than 24h old maps on Friday
> > * less than 24h old maps on Saturday
> > * less than 24h old maps on Sunday
> > * less than 24h old maps on Monday
> > * less than 24h old maps on Tuesdays
>
> I surely can't be only only one annoyed by the fact it can take up to
> two weeks for the results of mapping parties to appear in the mapnik
> layer (one week delay for the planet dump, plus one week delay for the
> rerender).

For what it's worth, I'm trying to keep that down to one (though I
haven't yet totally automated the reload process) on
http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/ . If there start being daily planet
dumps, I'll do my best to make sure they get loaded there in the same
time frame.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt