[OSM-dev] OpenID - London Ruby User Group

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue May 1 22:35:52 BST 2007

"Nick Black" wrote:

> Will Open ID save all of our woes - who knows?  There was talk in Essen that
> someone should sort out openID for OSM and unify all the logons.

Regarding a single-login solution for OSM I've been investigating if an
LDAP directory service would fill the gap - as promised in Essen
saturday evening (I've already written to Jochen about that).

I _know_ that there's a working LDAP connector to authenticate users.
Every service that runs inside an Apache server would do it as well
(SVN), there's an LDAP interface to authenticate MediaWiki users
(according to the documentation, didn't test it myself), almost every
modern service allows authentication against LDAP.

So you could still take this route if OpenID doesn't fill the gap. I'd
probably offer support setting up an LDAP service for OSM, if
requested/desired (well, there is no magic involved  ;-)

Cheers,
	Martin.