[OSM-dev] tiles at home disk usage

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:45:03 BST 2007

On 5/2/07, OJW <streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk> wrote:
> Just as background info for anyone who doesn't watch munin stats: the sea and
> coastline tiles have pushed us up to 92% disk space usage (from 57% before)
> on tiles at home

The coastlines tileinfo files for zoom-12 can easily be extended to
more levels. Storing 2-bits per tile takes 4GB total for the whole of
zoom-17. It would require a little work on the download side, but if
on upload full sea tiles are stored as two bits rather than a whole
file, I think it would make a considerable difference...

Have a nice day,