[OSM-dev] Osmarender: Produce SVG maps for mobile phones (SVG TINY/BASIC)

George Sgouros sgouros at anro.gr
Sat May 5 10:52:34 BST 2007

In my opinion, SVG Basic and SVG Tiny specifications are quite important for OSM since soon enough many mobile phone/PDA users will really like the idea of having the maps shown on their portable devices.

Jochen has made a start towards this goal in the latest version of Osmarender. I  have also created a small Java application which will test the produced SVG TINY maps and output informative (hopefully) messages if the map does not conform to the SVG Tiny/Basic spec.

However, Jochen told me that he is not working on osmareder anymore and I do not have the knowledge to tweak osmarender on my own.

So I was wondering if anybody else has what it takes to continue tweaking osmarender in order to produce SVG Tiny and/or SVG Basic maps.

Thanks in advance

George

(The spec can be found here: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile/  )