[OSM-dev] Slippy maps requesting ALL layers...

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Mon May 7 01:55:18 BST 2007

Schuyler Erle wrote:
> * On  5-May-2007 at  2:06AM PDT, 80n said:
>> That seems to work quite nicely, I've updated Information Freeway so that it
>> is now using the 2.4-rc3 version of OpenLayers.
>>
>> The multi-hosting mechanism is now set for the default layer which should
>> spread the load across the two proxy servers and give the dev server a bit
>> of a break :)
>
> How are the T at H mirrors set up? I can host one or two more.

Squid can fairly easily be setup to be a reverse proxy (I managed it
form the squid FAQ)
I may try running one here as well.

As for the slippy map, wouldn't it be better to do this via round robin
  DNS for mirrors?
It will mean each "user" hits the same server for all requests which may
give a more even load time.
When I viewed it earlier, several came in early, then took another 30s
waiting for one of the mirrors.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/