[OSM-dev] API 0.4 and HTTP 417

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 7 07:51:35 BST 2007

Hi,

> I tried everything, until I desperately tried to change the URL
> from /api/0.4/node/create to /bananas/0.4/node/create and then I
> still got the 417 response.

Is Curl setting an "Expect" header by chance? See here:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2005-11/0134.html

By the way, I have my own not-checked-in version of the coastline script
that creates an .osm file for use (and upload) by JOSM. If you just use
the attached osm.pm with thee coastline import script and then run the
coastline import script and redirect stdout (not perfect, you still have
to add <osm> and </osm> by hand and delete a line at the top or so), you
can load the file into JOSM and upload from there.

Bye
Frederik