[OSM-dev] New MapPaint plugin

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 7 11:05:22 BST 2007

Hi,

>> What about moving all the plugin *.jar files to one folder in svn?
>> What about
>> 	http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/jar/
>> This way downloading an keeping up-to-date of all plugins is much
>> much easier.
>
> Is it just me ? I think jar should not be on svn.

Theoretically, one would use SVN for the source and have another way
of distributing compiled stuff. But we don't have such an other way,
and before every plugin maintainer has the jar files in his/her own
webspace, I'd rather have them in SVN.

> Instead of that "ant install" should build the jar and put it on
> ~/.josm/plugins/

That would require everyone to have a Java SDK (and not just a Java
JRE).

Bye
Frederik