[OSM-dev] Osmarender: Produce SVG maps for mobile phones (SVG TINY/BASIC)

George Sgouros sgouros at anro.gr
Wed May 9 15:31:29 BST 2007

80n

I don't think it is such a good idea to steer Osmarender away from SVG
features that are not supported by SVG mobile. This could
signigificantly reduce the features offered by the full SVG created  by
Osmarenderer since SVG tiny lacks a lot of SVG Full features.

What I had in mind is making a special stripped-down version of
Osmarender which will render an OSM map (with less features of course)
on a mobile device.

This is actually where my test application comes in. It will help a keen
Osmarender develloper, strip all non supported SVG features
one-by-one and thus produce a special XSLT file supporting the SVG
mobile specification. Then we could merge the two xslt files
(full and mobile) and use a flag or something like this to produce the
desired output map or use two seperate XSLT files.

George