[OSM-dev] Potlatch update

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:49:13 BST 2007

On 9 May 2007, at 14:51, Scott Walde wrote:

> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> Would it be better to put the type of way in, and then have a
>> FIXME tag?
>>

> I simply use FIXME as the street name.  If I know the name, but some
> other detail is unknown, I append FIXME to the name.  It's super-
> easy in
> JOSM to search for all the FIXME's in the area you have
> downloaded.  If
> potlach were to somehow highlight any way with "FIXME" in the name, or
> even just have that as an option, I think it would accomplish what
> you're trying to do.

That is possibly a better option, as it requires the least change to
the current software. It also means that it shows up on the rendered
maps as a street that need a name sorted and is easily visible.
We just need to get everyone to do that same. Should we add it to the
map features page?

I'll remember to do this from now on.

Shaun