[OSM-dev] Unwayed segments

Scott Walde scott at waldetech.ca
Wed May 9 18:30:27 BST 2007

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>

>> If everyone thinks that a "FIXME" way is better than no way at all,
>> one could also go over the planet file with a script and create ways
>>

> No, this is a very bad idea.  I much rather want a map with
> nameless streets, than a map with FIXME printed everywhere.

I respectfully disagree with that for this reason:  A nameless street
might simply be a nameless street.  A street with a big ugly FIXME on it
indicates to the map user that the information might not be accurate.
(eg. oneway, not labelled as such)

I agree that it makes for an ugly map, but perhaps that is incentive to
fix it.

ttyl
srw