[OSM-dev] New MapPaint plugin

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:48:50 BST 2007

Hi,
On 10 May 2007, at 08:03, Damian Sulewski wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 08.05.2007, 15:07 +0100 schrieb Robert (Jamie) Munro:
>> I don't think jars in SVN is a good idea.
> Me also, but i don´t have web space, i could use for this.
>
> I think we need such a place for binaries. Exactly like it is on
> sf.net.
> Place for source, place for doku, place for binaries.
>
> We have place for source: svn
> We have place for doku: wiki
> We do not have place for our binaries.
>
> Since OSM has already several software projects running, and there
> will
> become more, we should think about it.

If we do make a move over to sf, then we could move svn over there,
therefore releasing a server for the main map viewing facilities.
Such as allowing an extra proxy server or layer to be added.

Someone else has already mentioned auto update of JOSM and plugins. I
would take a look at jEdit [1] and see if we can use their update
mechanism or a variation of it. They have a full plugin management
window in the source code editor app. The plugin manager downloads
the plugins internally from the sourceforge mirrors. I have checked
the licenses [2][3], and they are both using the same GNU GPL, which
means they are license compatible.

There is also web space there available, though it is limited, so it
might be of some use for things, such as basic project information,
or it could be simply redirect to our wiki.

[1]: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/>
[2]: <http://jedit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jedit/jEdit/trunk/doc/
README.txt?view=markup>
[3]: <http://josm.eigenheimstrasse.de/browser/LICENSE>