[OSM-dev] postgis branch

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu May 10 18:06:01 BST 2007

I think that's what they've done Steve.

SVN implements branching as a copy op. It doesn't actually do a copy
and paste so much as mark it as "this bit copied from this bit", ie:
the revision histories are maintained across the copy. The clever bit
happens when you try and merge stuff.

If you browse source to the postgis branch and hit the "Revision Log"
link you can see this was done.

It might have been better to follow the trunk/branches/tags
convention, but then nothing else in the OSM repository does, and it's
not actually required.