[OSM-dev] Very long ways have been split (was: Status of Database Server after 0.4 Upgrade: Fragile)

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Sun May 13 22:05:47 BST 2007

On Sun, May 13, Barnett, Phillip wrote:
> Frederik Ramm:
>> If anyone notices a problem, just shout.
>
> Are they going to render correctly if you've split the ways, so they
> don't form closed ways anymore?

More importantly (to me), why are we systematically destroying data to
fit into some arbitrary tool? These lakes are now no more recognizable
as polygon areas, but instead two linestrings. Great, now we can't pick
out polygons anymore automatically, instead we have to manually
postprocess the data.

\\kristian
--
... et nemo ex vobis interrogat me: »Quo vadis?«.